Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Will resume trip on January 15

My vacation from my vacation will end Saturday when I return to Pensacola, FL Saturday to resume my Breaking Away adventure. Bert Stock, my friend from Valencia, CA will join me until we reach Key West. Then, Hawthorne High friend Lee Smith will be with me for about two weeks as we cruise north to Daytona Beach. Both Bert and Lee have been on the boat before. I look forward to seeing them again and getting back into the saddle (although I will miss Janet!).

This is a picture of a sports sculpture outside the orthopedic surgeon's office who repaired Janet's torn rotator cuff in a surgery on Nov 11. He is the "famous" doctor for the Cincinnati Bengals and Reds, and his office was a virtual sports museum of autographed mementos and photos of famous Cinci athletes. I loved it. This sculpture is a man swinging a bat, and it's made entirely of baseball bats. Janet's surgery went well, and she's improving her range of motion. However, it is still painful and full recovery is months away.

This is of Cheryl, Janet and me on Christmas morning. We loved Cheryl's week-long visit. Cheryl and Janet had lots to yak about, both being elementary school teachers and book readers.

I've gotten some serious school experience during my time here, as a full-time volunteer in Janet's class. I really do like it, helping teach math, tutoring some of the kids, and in general helping with the daily routine. I look forward to seeing them again in late February.

I visited Simi Valley in early December to pack my things into the motorhome, which is stored at Bruce Perry's (my boat mate in May and June).

In about 10 days I hope to post again with an account of the first four or five days in Florida's Big Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment