Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Breaking Away is breaking away!! Today!



Yes, we have a beautiful day to depart. The Bon Voyage party last Sunday was wonderful to see so many friends. Don and Haf, Martin and family, Sue and Eric, Bob, Bob and family, Dave and Sandy (and Abbie, and Ed. And of course Bruce and Janet.

We did our big shopping trip yesterday, got more spare parts, prescription refills, this, that, the other thing. Donned the wet suit again to go look at the prop to see if anything was there to explain the vibration I felt last Friday. Putting it in reverse solved the vibration, but I wanted to check anyway. Sure enough, there was a rope wound around the shaft behind the prop. It took about 6 dives down to hold my breath and cut the line and unwind it. Glad I have a wetsuit!!

A big thank-you to the friends here at Lippincott Marine who have helped us so much to get ready and teach me things I need to know. Thank you to Ed Carroll, Richard Lippincott, Buddy, Paul, and Danny!!

Okay, I want to hurry along and get going. Tonight we plan to anchor out in one of the river coves north of here on the eastern side. See ya later! Breaking Away! (and I even took a bike ride this morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment